The uphill journey to Mellau takes just 6 minutes. During the cable-car ride in a 10-seater gondola, guests will enjoy gorgeous views of the village and valley below. Once up the mountain, guests can head to the cosy mountain inns, enjoy the views, or embark on an exciting hike on one of the many trails.
- Mellau is located at the foot of the impressive Kanisfluh massif. Those interested in climbing to the top of the rugged mountain should first catch a lift with the Mellaubahn cable car to the Roßstelle mountain station. From this trailhead, well-marked trails lead to the Kanis and Wurzach mountain pastures or to the peak of the nearly 2,000 m Kanisfluh massif. The view from upon high is magnificent and with a little luck, hikers might even spot an ibex. The return journey is along the same trail and the hike there and back takes about 3.5 hours.
- Once per week there is a guided sunrise hike to the Kanisfluh massif. Contact the Mellau Tourismus tourist office for more info.
- For a delicious day of hiking, participate in the “culinary hike” on the Kanisfluh massif. Walking time takes around five hours.
- Alphof Roßstelle mountain inn
- Restaurant Simma at the Roßstelle mountain station
Good to know
- Cable car and restaurant at the valley station are barrier-free accessible.
- Carriage of mountain bikes as far as mountain station, € 5 per bike.
27 – 29 May, 3/4 June, 8 – 11 June
16 June – 22 October: daily
Mon – Fri, 9 am – 12 noon and 1-5 pm
Open Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays, 9 am – 5 pm
Last journey to the mountain station at 4.30 pm